The Land Conservancylast updated: May 2017
Contact The Land Conservancy
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for The Land Conservancy
- Carity Prairie
- The Milwaukee Area Land Conservancy has partnered with developer Bill Carity to preserve a rare prairie remnant and restore a sedge meadow complex. The site totals 23 acres and is open to the public.
- DTE Energy Trenton Channel Power Plant
- Through local partnerships in Michigan, DTE Energy is helping the common tern make a comeback along the Detroit River.
- Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes Stewardship Collaborative
- This public/not-for-profit collaborative partnership is implementing variety of restoration projects & visitor service programs to mitigate the effects of one of the nation's largest oil spills.
- Managing Flooding in Metropolitan Milwaukee
- The Conservation Fund partnered with the Milwaukee Sewerage District is implementing flood management programs that protect wetlands and wildlife habitat.
- Middle Mississippi River Wetland Restoration
- Since the Great Flood of 1993 American Land Conservancy has been helping restore bottomland hardwood habitat, sidechannels and wetlands from St. Louis to Cairo, IL.
- Mitchell River Coalition
- The Mitchell River Coalition came together to protect and improve the watershed and water quality of the Mitchell River.
- Northern Michigan Conservation and Wildlife Alliance
- To bring together all hands-on conservation organizations and to introduce them to the public.
- Palos Verde Blue Butterfly Recovery Program
- The Defense Support Center is working with partners, on its lands, to enhance the only known population of Palos Verdes blue butterflies, and to restore it elsewhere.
- Perenosa Bay, Afognak Island
- Coastal rainforest and salmon rivers are being conserved for Alaska Department of Natural Resources in an area identified as the top habitat for Exxon Valdez oil spill injured fish and wildlife.
- Preserving Drayton Plains, a Clinton River Natural Area
- Through a conservation easement and partnership with a township and non-profit Nature Center, Oakland Land Conservancy helped preserve a 137-acre threatened natural area.
- Stewardship Network
- By creating grassroots conservation communities, the Network increases capacity to care for natural lands and waters so that the sum of natural areas protection is greater than its parts.