to conserve the natural resources of Northeast Connecticut - the water courses, swamps, woodlands, and open spaces, the plant and animal life therein, and the scenic natural and historic sites - all of which are very much a part of of the unique character and beauty of all communities in Northeast Connecticut.
The nature of the activities to be carried out by the Wyndham Land Trust are:
- To engage in and to promote the preservation and conservation of natural resources of the County of Windham for the benefit of the general public. Natural resources include water resources, swamps, woodlands and open spaces, and the plant and animal life they contain. Natural resources also includes scenic, natural, and historic sites.
- To engage in and to promote the scientific study of local natural resources, including plants, animals, birds, and other wildlife.
- To use all of the land trust's property and net earnings for the benefit of all the inhabitants of the County of Windham and exclusively for the conservational, recreational, educational, scientific, and historic purposes for which the land trust was formed.
- To cooperate with conservation commissions or other public bodies in the towns of the County of Windham. For this purpose to acquire or hold and property or interest in property for the benefit of the County of Windham or any such public body.
- To communicate with othe Windham County land trusts and conservation groups as appropriate to, and consistent with, the missions and objectives of the Wyndham Land Trust.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Wyndham Land Trust, Inc. is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Wyndham Land Trust, Inc.
PO Box 302
Pomfret Center, Connecticut 06259 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Windham County, Connecticut