The Wareham Land Trust is a private, nonprofit corporation dedicated to protecting and conserving Wareham's open space and natural resources for future generations.
The goals of the Wareham Land Trust are to:
- Preserve open space in its natural condition, while encouraging public access where appropriate, and receive donations of land and funds to purchase conservation lands and easements;
- Work with landowners to acquire conservation easements that limit development on significant privately-held natural resource lands;
- Assist and unite citizens, organizations and government entities in our shared goals of conservation and responsible land use for the benefit of present and future generations; and to that end encourage partnerships among conservation organizations, government, the private sector and business to achieve said goals;
- Educate the public about the environmental and economic benefits of conserving open space, and the need for sustainable development and growth management; and
- Manage and monitor preserves and easements, and enforce restrictions to protect natural values.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Wareham Land Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Wareham Land Trust
Kevin P. Bartsch
PO Box 718
Wareham, Massachusetts 02571 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Plymouth County, Massachusetts