Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreationlast updated: February 2015
Contact Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Confluence: A Conservation, Heritage & Recreation Corridor
- Reconnecting people to region’s Great Rivers through a system of multi-use trails, recreation facilities, historic sites, visitor education centers, public art & interpretation.
- Guildford Farm Conservation Development
- Guildford Farm is a 35 lot Conservation Development that will protect 150 acre farm and wildlife preserve and buffer on key waterways. Houses and roads will use Low Impact Development, LID, methods.
- Page County Water Quality Advisory Committee
- Active committee comprised of local stakeholders formed to advise elected officials on water quality issues, both surface water and groundwater
- Sandy Neck/ Great Marsh Land Conservation
- By 2005, a partnership of government and non-profit partners formed in 2003 had added over 120 newly protected acres to the Sandy Neck/Great Marsh Conservation Area on Cape Cod.
- Washington's Crossing
- Near the very banks where George Washington launched his nation-defining attack, an 80,000-square-foot shopping plaza was planned.