U.S. Department of Agriculturelast updated: February 2016
Contact U.S. Department of Agriculture
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail
- Eighty year-old public/private partnership manages the 2,175 mile-long Appalachian Trail from Maine to Georgia.
- Binational Ocelot Recovery Project
- Conservation agencies, organizations and foundations in Texas and Tamaulipas, Mexico team up with landowners to save the endangered ocelot through incentives-based stewardship.
- GIS Environmental Master Plan
- Assisting Smaller Communities with environmental remediation, land use planning, and other activities by supplying GIS data and technical expertise.
- North Central Texas Water Quality
- Develop watershed management plans for six reservoirs in the Trinity River Basin providing water for 1.6 million people.
- NYC Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- New York City, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), agricultural producers, and others address non-point source pollution through voluntary programs that protect stream corridors and working land.
- Restoration at Kankakee Sands
- Restoration of both hydrology and native plants on fragments of farmland will add to a mosaic of stream, wetland, prairie and savanna.
- Rio Grande Basin Initiative
- The Rio Grande Basin is a highly productive agricultural area, with irrigated agriculture claiming more than 85 percent of its water.