The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County protects natural resources, agricultural land and open spaces for the benefit of present and future generations.
Since 1985, The Land Trust has worked with willing landowners, public and private grant agencies and other community organizations to protect, restore and manage open space, wildlife habitat and agricultural land in Santa Barbara County by:
- Acquiring land and conservation easements through negotiation with willing private property owners, through charitable donation and purchase.
- Creating conservation plans, restoration projects and incentives for landowners. Raising private donations and grants from government, foundations and corporations to support land conservation.
- Promoting the preservation, stewardship and restoration of wildlife habitat and watershed resources on the land we protect.
- Educating both children and adults about ecology, agriculture and conservation through programs and events at Land Trust preserves. To date, The Land Trust has protected nearly 24,000 acres of land and has completed or is underway on close to twenty habitat restoration, open space and trail projects.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County
1530 Chapala St
Santa Barbara, California 93101 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Santa Barbara County, California