SILT is the only organization in Iowa dedicated to ensuring that farmland produces healthy food for Iowans in perpetuity.
SILT works to protect our farms to grow healthy food forever to solve a myriad of problems including;
- access to land for beginning farmers
- local food production in the face of climate change and dwindling fossil fuel reserves
- the future of the family farm
- the health of our rural communities
- the oncoming massive transition in land ownership
- food security for our growing communities
- urban sprawl/growth eating up prime farmland
We are seeking donations of land and easements across Iowa, working with landowners to meet their needs and goals while preserving land to grow healthy food for good. Landowners can retain use and income from their land until they no longer need it under certain circumstances.
On parcels the trust owns, we will offer qualified farmers long-term, inheritable leases that free them from a lifetime of debt. They will enjoy the pride of ownership over their homes, barns and business, but we will take the price of the land itself out of the equation for sustainable farmers all across Iowa.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Sustainable Iowa Land Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Sustainable Iowa Land Trust
101 Main St.
PO Box 306
West Branch, Iowa 52358 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: