- Cooperate with other land conservation organizations toconserve significant tracts of undeveloped land in South Burlington, especially in the Southeast Quadrant (SEQ).
- Collaborate with City officials and citizens to implement the South Burlington Open Space Strategy (April 2002).
- Support continued agricultural uses of land in South Burlington and adjoining towns.
- Work with adjoining towns on land conservation projects to preserve forests, wetlands, and other natural areas for public use, water quality, and wildlife corridors.
- Promote responsible residential and commercial development and transportation.
- Provide information to landowners and other residents about the value of the city's natural areas.
In 2003, a small group of local community members formed the South Burlington Land Trust, Inc. (SBLT) out of growing concern about the loss of the City's natural areas due to rapidly increasing suburban development. South Burlington's forests, wetlands, grasslands, farmlands, and other natural areas provide important habitat for wildlife, preserve water quality for residents, and create recreational and cultural opportunties for all citizens that live in or visit the City.
The SBLT is dedicated to protecting South Burlington's natural resources through land preservation agreements and other conservation vehicles to maintain the City residents' high quality of life. We work in partnership with other interested organizations and individuals to protect natural areas in South Burlington and Vermont as a whole.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
South Burlington Land Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact South Burlington Land Trust
500 Cheese Factory Road
South Burlington, Vermont 05403 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Chittenden County, Vermont