To protect and preserve lands of special scenic, natural, environmental, recreational, historic, or agricultural value to the rural atmosphere of the town of Sharon.
In addition to protecting key Sharon parcels, the Land Trust works to:
- Inform residents of threats to Sharon’s rural environment.
- Suggest regulation changes to Planning & Zoning which would benefit or protect Sharon’s rural environment.
- Provide assistance to farmers to increase income, sell easements on land, and promote town ordinances which help or protect farmers.
- Form partnerships with neighboring land trusts to preserve land that straddles borders.
- Develop trail system on selected land trust property.
- Continue mapping all of Sharon’s existing trails, dirt roads, and discontinued roads for nonvehicular recreational use.
- Act as advocate for open space, environmental protection and town controlled development.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Sharon Land Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Sharon Land Trust
67 Main Street
PO Box 1072
Sharon, Connecticut 06069-1072 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Litchfield County, Connecticut