Save Mount Diablo is a San Francisco Bay Area citizens non-profit 501(c)3 organization. We are hikers, bikers, equestrians, mountain lovers, bird watchers, and people who just like to look at the mountain.
Save Mount Diablo’s mission is to preserve Mount Diablo's peaks and surrounding foothills, through land acquisition and preservation strategies to: protect the mountain's natural beauty, integrity, and biological diversity; enhance our area's quality of life; and provide recreational opportunities consistent with protection of natural resources.
In support of our mission,
Save Mount Diablo
- Protects natural lands through purchases, gifts and cooperative efforts with public and private entities.
- Educates the public regarding threats to the mountain's flora, fauna, and rugged beauty, and to the history and heritage of the mountain and its surrounding foothills.
- Works with landowners to preserve their property and to ensure that they receive fair value in any transaction aimed at preserving open space.
- Works in partnership with Mt. Diablo State Park, East Bay Regional Park District, and other public and private entities to increase and manage natural lands and to identify mitigation opportunities.
- Participates in the land use planning process for projects that could impact Mount Diablo and its surrounding foothills.
- Aids in the restoration of habitat and the preservation of rare species;
- Offers technical advice to community and neighborhood groups regarding preservation of natural lands.
- Raises funds and sponsors events to build public awareness and to carry out our programs
- Temporarily owns, and responsibly manages, lands prior to their transfer to a public agency for permanent preservation.
- Encourages recreation and public enjoyment of Mount Diablo's parklands, consistent with the protection of their natural resources.
Founded in 1971, Save Mount Diablo has been instrumental in increasing open space on and around the mountain from 6,788 acres to more than 89,000 acres.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Save Mount Diablo is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Save Mount Diablo
1901 Olympic Blvd
Walnut Creek, California 94596 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: