The Newton Conservators have been successful in protecting land in our community since 1961. By working with private landowners to protect their own properties, and by working with the City of Newton and Community Preservation Act funds, we have protected farming at Newton Community Farm, habitat at Dolan Pond, open space at the Newton Commonwealth Golf Course, and a recreation area at Crystal Lake, to name a few recent notable victories. We also protect land by accepting donated land. Our lovely neighborhood park, Ordway Park, is a wonderful example of this.
We can work with you if your land:
- is natural or scenic, is joined to conservation land, or benefits the neighborhood with its natural properties;
- has been identified by a governmental body as worthy of protection or is subject to environmental regulation;
- has significant natural habitat, is a corridor between such habitats, or supports rare or endangered species;
- contains vegetation that helps to ensure the quality of a water resource.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Newton Conservators is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Newton Conservators
PO Box 590011
Newton Centre , Massachusetts 02459 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Middlesex County, Massachusetts