Services Provided Free-of-Charge
- Conducting compliance checks for state and federal forest improvement cost-share programs
- Providing forest management advice regarding: forest-damaging insects, diseases, invasive species, and Best Management Practices (BMPs) to improve forest productivity and water quality.
Direct Services (For a Fee)
- Hazard mitigation/prescribed burning
- Firelane/firebreak establishment and maintenance
- Logging road/skid trail/loading deck maintenance
- Southern Pine Beetle suppression activities (ground location, flagging, marking, coordination of harvest)
Direct Services (For a Fee) – Provider of Last Resort, Only if the Landowner is Unable to Find Another Available Source
- Vegetation management (control of competition, wildlife habitat enhancement, and invasive species control, landowner must provide herbicide and surfactant)
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Mississippi Forestry Commission - Private Lands is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Mississippi Forestry Commission - Private Lands
660 North Street
Jackson, Mississippi 39202