The McDowell Sonoran Conservancy is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization that champions the completion and sustainability of the McDowell Sonoran Preserve for the benefit of this and future generations. We connect the community to the Preserve through public and private partnerships, environmental education, and stewardship.
MSC is also the vehicle through which individuals can take action to affect positive change for the ecological sustainability of the surrounding natural desert. Our partnership with the City of Scottsdale represents a unique model for preserving large natural open space within an urban environment through a public/private partnership. When the Preserve is completed, we will be Stewards of the largest urban Preserve in the country.
MSC's primary objectives are:
- To influence the community to establish open space for the preservation of native wildlife and historical resources while maintaining appropriate public access.
- To offer community education focusing on the science of the Preserve and the necessity to protect our natural environment.
- To provide the human resources required to protect and maintain the McDowell Sonoran Preserve.
- To monitor the Preserve for human impact, mediate problems, and protect against future damage.
- To conduct scientific research to ensure the ecological integrity of the Preserve.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
McDowell Sonoran Conservancy is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact McDowell Sonoran Conservancy
16435 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254-1525 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: