to protect the wild character, natural resources and scenic beauty of the Pierce Pond watershed and preserve traditional public recreational use of the area.
The MWWT seeks to permanently protect Pierce Pond from these potential threats by:
- Acquiring land and conservation easements to prevent future development in the watershed and preserve the character of the region;
- Ensuring continued public access to Pierce Pond;
- Working cooperatively with watershed landowners to develop management initiatives that will conserve the wildlife, water quality and other natural resources within the watershed;
- Educating users to treat the watershed lands with respect; and
- Working together with forest landowners to manage recreational use in a manner that will provide equitable public access to those wishing to enjoy the wild nature of the watershed, while ensuring that human pressures do not degrade the resources of the area.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Maine Wilderness Watershed Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Maine Wilderness Watershed Trust
PO Box 5660
Augusta, Maine 04332-5660 Phone: