Maine Audubon works to conserve Maine’s wildlife and wildlife habitat by engaging people of all ages in education, conservation and action.
Our Record of Achievement
- Defending the Penjajawoc Marsh from proposals to build a Wal-Mart "supercenter" adjacent to the state's largest freshwater marsh. More
- Stemming the population declines of endangered least terns and piping plovers through careful monitoring and management of the birds' breeding colonies to set them on the road to recovery.
- Strengthening the state endangered species act to protect critical habitat.
- Developing Maine's first timberharvesting standards to limit clearcutting and record the extent of logging operations.
- Researching ecological, recreational, timber, cultural, and economic resources in Maine's 15 million acre Northern Forest as part of the effort to develop a conservation plan for this vital region.
- Promoting public awareness of lake-ecology issues through a statewide loon count and involvement in state lake policy initiatives.
- Providing hands-on, experiential nature programs especially designed to excite curiosity and introduce the concept of stewardship to over 8000 students a year.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Maine Audubon is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Maine Audubon
20 Gilsland Farm Rd
Falmouth, Maine 04105 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: