The Inland Empire Cooperative Weed Management Area (IECWMA)is located in the central portion of the Idaho Panhandle, covering an area of 4,665 square miles in Benewah, Kootenai and Shoshone Counties.
Our goals are:
- Prevent the introduction, reproduction and spread of noxious weeds or invasive, exotic plants using early detection/rapid response (ED/RR).
- Reduce the density of established noxious weeds to manageable levels through the most economical and effect methods of treatment, using the integrated pest management model.
- Educate the landowner (whether public or private)about the importance of weed management, through presentations and programs, the media or internet.
Major weeds of importance are focused on through our weed control projects. Projects in the IECWMA range from
- Riparian plant control of viper’s bugloss (blueweed) and Japanese and/or Bohemian knotweed in the Coeur d’Alene River Basin;
- Open-range and right-of-way weed control of spotted knapweed, hawkweeds, rush skeletonweed and Dalmatian toadflax;
- Mountainous, forested lands with weeds such as Canada thistle, tansy ragwort and hawkweeds Railways and non-cropland covered with leafy spurge.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Inland Empire Cooperative Weed Management Area is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Inland Empire Cooperative Weed Management Area
Kootenai County Weed Superintendent
Hayden, Idaho 83835 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Benewah County, Idaho
- Kootenai County, Idaho
- Shoshone County, Idaho