The Hopkinton Area Land Trust (HALT) is a non-profit conservation organization directly involved in helping to protect natural, scenic, recreational, agricultural, historic and cultural property.
- To preserve, protect, conserve, and enhance the natural resources within and around the town of Hopkinton, Massachusetts, including water resources, marshlands, swamps, woodlands, underground water supplies, open spaces, land areas of historical significance, and wildlife habitat, in order to maintain and improve the quality of life in the town of Hopkinton for present and future generations;
- to educate the public in the area of conservation, ecology, forestry practices, wildlife preservation and land use planning in order to protect open space, plant, and animal life therein;
- to encourage and facilitate the use of land conservation, recreation, and wildlife preservation by cooperating with the town of Hopkinton, its elected officials and committees, Hopkinton landowners, and other individuals and organizations having similar purposes;
- to acquire, hold, maintain, and enforce such conservation and preservation restrictions, easements and other interests in land, water areas, and structures as it deems appropriate and in the public interest; and
- generally do all acts and things incidental to or in furtherance of, the purposes of the Corporation of Chapter 180 of Massachusetts General Laws and section 501( c )(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
How Can the Hopkinton Area Land Trust Help Landowners?
Landowners who love and care about their land and about its future, may consider the Hopkinton Area Land Trust as a vehicle for preservation of their land. Property owners who give land or grant conservation restrictions on their land to the Land Trust will benefit from reduction in real estate and income taxes.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Hopkinton Area Land Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Hopkinton Area Land Trust
PO Box 56
Woodville, Massachusetts 01784-0056 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: