The Conservancy is a 501(c)3 non-profit fully accredited organization with our own by-laws, policies, board, budget and staff. We focus our land conservation efforts to permanently protect crucial wildlife habitat and corridors; critical watersheds, which protect the water quality of our region; unique high-quality farm lands; valuable forestland; and ecologically significant dunes along Lake Michigan’s beautiful and endangered shore. We protect land in several ways:
- By working with landowners to permanently protect private land through voluntary conservation easements
- By acquiring high quality natural lands by purchase or donation to create Conservancy owned nature preserves which are open to the public
- By assisting local units of government in creating or expanding public parks and natural areas that result in enhanced public access to nature and improved recreational opportunities
- By providing technical assistance to local units of government with the administration of farmland protection programs
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy
3860 North Long Lake Rd
Traverse City, Michigan 49684 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Antrim County, Michigan
- Benzie County, Michigan
- Grand Traverse County, Michigan
- Kalkaska County, Michigan
- Manistee County, Michigan