Five Rivers Conservation Trust is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting open space across the heartland of central New Hampshire. Founded in 1988 as Concord Conservation Trust, Five Rivers Conservation Trust adopted its present name in 2001 as a reflection of an expanded service area that today accommodates the conservation needs of over a dozen communities.
Working closely with a growing number of property owners who care deeply about preserving their land, Five Rivers has been pleased to experience a tremendous surge of activity in recent years. Conservation easements have proven to be a particularly popular and effective tool for ensuring that landscapes are protected over the long term, and our organization now serves as the authorized conservation easement holder of 60 properties, totaling over 3,800 acres.
The mission of the Five Rivers Conservation Trust is to preserve and protect important open space lands in fourteen towns within five New Hampshire river watersheds for present and future generations.
The goals of the Five Rivers Conservation Trust are to:
- Protect the undeveloped lands along the rivers and waterbodies within our region, as well as other parcels of land with significant natural resource attributes.
- Work locally, protecting productive farm and forest lands, wetlands, scenic areas, special natural communities, wildlife habitat, cultural features, rivers and streams, lakes and ponds.
- Provide recreational opportunities, maintaining clean water supplies, limiting sprawl, and preserving biodiversity.
- Contribute to the preservation of the ecological integrity and quality of life that make the Five Rivers Conservation Trust region an attractive place to live and work.
- Establish a permanent network of greenways throughout the region linking together conservation and natural resource areas.
- Act as a resource to other towns within the five watersheds that are not currently being served by existing land trusts.
- Facilitate the protection of natural areas that cross municipal boundaries.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Five Rivers Conservation Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Five Rivers Conservation Trust
31 Warren Street
Concord, New Hampshire 03301-5486 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: