East Haddam Land Trust is a volunteer, non-profit, member-based corporation that incorporated in 1979. We are one of the region's very first land trusts, founded by a group of East Haddam residents who cared about preserving the town's natural resources. Many EHLT founders remain active in land trust activities and help nurture relationships with local landowners interested in maintaining and protecting land in a natural state.
The Land Trust:
- Preserves land and waterways that enhance the local human and wildlife communities;
- Protects and acquires parcels that add to existing preserved open space and or/protects vital natural areas;
- Stewards existing preserves to protect flora, fauna, and wetlands;
- Raises funds, encourages membership, and maintains a healthy financial status to support land acquisition and stewardship;
- Engages members and the public in activities that increase appreciation and understanding of the region's natural spaces and wildlife;
- Collaborates with regional conservation groups to encourage and support regional conservation goals.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
East Haddam Land Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact East Haddam Land Trust
PO Box 122
East Haddam, Connecticut 06423-0122 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Middlesex County, Connecticut