- Conservation easements (also known as open-space easements), including helping landowners to protect their property with conservation easements and to claim tax benefits for doing so; reviewing subordination requests for banks and other lenders; preparing deeds for sellers of individual parcels in conserved properties to ensure that the appropriate development rights are allocated to each parcel; and helping potential purchasers of conserved properties understand what their rights and obligations under the conservation easement will be;
- Business planning and commercial transactions, including creating corporations and LLCs, drafting and negotiating contracts, and handling commercial closings;
- Estate planning, including drafting wills, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, and trusts;
- Estate administration and probate, including preparing inventories and accountings for filing with the appropriate Commissioner of Accounts; and
- Nonprofit law, including incorporating nonstock corporations, preparing corporate bylaws, and preparing applications (Form 1023 / Form 1023-EZ) for tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Derrick P. Fellows is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Derrick P. Fellows
Hawthorne & Hawthorne, P.C.
Attorney at Law
1805 Main Street
P.O. Box 931
Victoria, Virginia 23974 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Amelia County, Virginia
- Appomattox County, Virginia
- Brunswick County, Virginia
- Buckingham County, Virginia
- Campbell County, Virginia
- Charlotte County, Virginia
- Cumberland County, Virginia
- Dinwiddie County, Virginia
- Halifax County, Virginia
- Lunenburg County, Virginia
- Mecklenburg County, Virginia
- Nottoway County, Virginia
- Prince Edward County, Virginia