The Cove Point Natural Heritage Trust, Inc. is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes and the business and objectives to be carried on and promoted by it are to conduct various activities for the purpose of preserving and protecting the Chesapeake Bay, its shoreline, wetlands, and other ecologically sensitive areas, including buffer zones, in the vicinity of Cove Point, Calvert County, Maryland, including
- to acquire undeveloped land for conservation;
- to acquire undeveloped land for the purpose of restoring it to a natural condition;
- to manage acquired properties;
- if appropriate at a future time, to accept title to and manage the land comprising the Cove Point site, as described in the Agreement, located at Cove Point, Maryland, in accordance with Section 6.09(b) of the Agreement, dated September 21, 1994, among the owner of the Cove Point LNG Company, Limited Partnership, the Sierra Club, and the Maryland Conservation Council, Inc.;
- to assist in the management and preservation of the Cove Point site if and after it is transferred to The Nature Conservancy or a similar organization pursuant to said Agreement; and
- to further scientific study and education
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Cove Point Natural Heritage Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Cove Point Natural Heritage Trust
Robert J. Boxwell, Executive Director
11785 Clifton Drive
PO Box 336
Lusby, Maryland 20657 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: