The Coastal Plain Conservancy is a regional non-profit land trust dedicated to preserving the lands that define the coastal plain's distinct landscape. The CPC is comprised of local professionals, businesses, and individuals who share the common concern of protecting our environment, sustaining our natural and cultural heritage, conserving lands vital to our economic future, educating the community and fostering land stewardship.
The CPC works directly with private landowners, government agencies, local leaders, and regional and national conservation groups to coordinate local conservation efforts and maximize awareness and educational efforts. This regional effort is critical for protection of key lands within the coastal plain.
What is The Coastal Plain?
The coastal plain region is located along the U. S. Gulf and East Coasts and is rich in bio-diversity, historic and cultural significance and unique to the world. Many irreplaceable habitats are found within the coastal plain, including coastal prairies, tidal and freshwater marshes, pine savannas, river corridors, upland longleaf pine forests, pitcher plant bogs, swamps, and many other habitats, all interacting and all essential to our environment. They are interdependent, fragile and beautiful.
Why Preserve the Coastal Plain?
Our rapidly growing population, industrial development and desire to live in the midst of our beautiful but fragile areas threaten our biologically diverse and historically significant environment and cause destruction of our exceptional quality of life. Because of these threats, it is a necessity for all of us to practice far greater conservation and stewardship of our resources than ever before.
to acquire, preserve and protect lands of the Coastal Plain region for the conservation and stewardship of natural, historic, cultural and scenic resources for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations.
- Identify and permanently protect significant lands throughout the coastal plain by acquiring lands through donations and accepting conservation easements.
- Manage permanent preserves and monitor and enforce conservation easements to protect stewardship values.
- Provide the public with an innovative example of land stewardship for the 21st century.
- Promote ecotourism and other economic incentives for conservation and restoration of the coastal plain.
- Educate public and private landowners about the conservation options available to landowners and develop incentive-based conservation programs.
- Partner with conservation organizations, government agencies, researchers, business owners and the public to proactively identify environmental issues and problems that affect the coastal plain and target strategies that create effective and cost-efficient programs to improve the environment.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Coastal Plain Conservancy is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Coastal Plain Conservancy
P.O. Box 1447
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70602 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Cameron Parish, Louisiana
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana
- Jefferson Parish, Louisiana
- Lafourche Parish, Louisiana
- Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana
- Saint Bernard Parish, Louisiana
- Saint Charles Parish, Louisiana
- Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana
- Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana
- Vermilion Parish, Louisiana