Coastal Mountains Land Trust was founded in 1986, originally under the name “Camden-Rockport Land Trust,” by a small group of local citizens intent upon the preservation of Beech Hill in Rockport, a 572-acre property featuring critical scenic and ecological values--rolling blueberry barrens, forests, a historic stone house, and the most scenically unique summit of the Camden Hills.
Working to Protect
- Habitat supporting biological diversity
- Water resources, including rivers, lakes, wetlands, aquifers, and the bay
- Sustainably managed farms and forests
- Scenic landscapes essential to our sense of place
- Public access to natural areas for nature observation, hiking, paddling, swimming, hunting, winter recreation, mountain biking and other forms of outdoor enjoyment
- Trails and connectivity between people and nature
- Opportunities for building community
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Coastal Mountains Land Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Coastal Mountains Land Trust
101 Mt. Battie St
Camden, Maine 04843-1519 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Knox County, Maine
- Waldo County, Maine