The Ausbon Sargent Land Preservation Trust preserves the rural landscape of the Mt. Kearsarge/Lake Sunapee region through conservation easements and land acquisitions - protecting land by creating deeded restrictions limiting future development and offering some tax benefits to land donors.
Our mission is to preserve and protect the rural character of the Mt. Kearsarge/Lake Sunapee region for public benefit through:
- Conservation agreements that protect the farms, forest, streams and wetlands – the special undeveloped “open” spaces;
- Stewardship of our conserved land, now and forever;
- Partnerships with private individuals, local governments and like-minded organizations sharing expertise and efforts in protecting land;
- Education of the people of our communities about the importance to them of protecting our environment and its ecosystems through land conservation.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Encouraging sound management and stewardship of land;
- Easing the burden of local government by encouraging land preservation through non-regulatory means;
- Promoting partnerships with government and conservation organizations to protect land for the public's benefit;
- Working with individual landowners to protect land.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Ausbon Sargent Land Preservation Trust is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Ausbon Sargent Land Preservation Trust
Land Protection Specialist
71 Pleasant Street
PO Box 2040
New London, New Hampshire 03257-2040 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: