The White Pine Conservation District is a subdivision of the Nevada State Government. It was organized and voted into being on December 15, 1941, by the landowners of the District to help them solve their soil, water, and plant management problems. The District’s boundary’s correspond with the White Pine County lines and encompass 5,699,200 acres.
The District is administered by a seven (7) person Board of Supervisors. Five are voted into office by the county electorate and one each is appointed to the Board by the White Pine County Commissioners and the Ely City Council. These supervisors serve without compensation.
PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Provide help to farmers and ranchers with conservation planning.
- Help units of Government on special occasions with soils and resource information for land use planning and site reviews on various projects.
- Provide timely conservation and agricultural information to the county populace via radio spot announcements and newspaper articles.
- Support the Snow Survey Program in the County, and publicized the results in the Ely Times.
- Provide technical and engineering assistance to farmers and ranchers applying conservation practices, which benefited hay land, pasture and range. These practices included the following:
- Underground Irrigation Pipeline
- Sprinkler Irrigation Systems
- Land Leveling and Land Smoothing
- Livestock Water Facilities
- Wildlife Habitat Management
- Pasture and Hay Land Management and Planting
- Irrigation Water Management
- Represent District agricultural interests in meetings with County, State, and Federal agencies and other organizations.
- Provide representation in the Natural Resources and Conservation fields on the White Pine County Public Land Users Advisory Council (PLUAC).
- Assist individuals requesting assistance or information on soils and other resources or concerning various conservation problems.
- Provide technical assistance in the application of conservation practices to cooperators and other producers to install conservation practices to their land.
- Meet with the White Pine County Commissioners and Ely City Council during the year in relations to obtaining financial support.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise on the White Pine County Water Advisory Committee.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
White Pine Conservation District is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact White Pine Conservation District
744 E N Industrial Way
PO BOX 150456
Ely, Nevada 89301 Phone:
Services provided in:
- White Pine County, Nevada