Sand County Foundation
Contact Sand County Foundation
Related Success Stories for Sand County Foundation
- Baraboo River Cooperative Restoration
- Partners worked together to remove four aged, unsafe, and uneconomical dams that blocked fish movement, damaged water quality, and endangered river users on the 128 mile Baraboo River mainstem.
- Karner Blue Butterfly Habitat Conservation Plan
- HCP encourages voluntary creation and management of endangered Karner blue butterfly habitat on private lands through incentives and support.
- Kinzua Quality Deer Cooperative
- Public and private forest managers, with the conservation group Sand County Foundation, created the voluntary Kinzua Quality Deer Cooperative to restore a healthy forest ecosystem.
- Leopold Memorial Reserve
- Coordination among private landowners stopped land fragmentation, initiated habitat monitoring, and improved management which produced significant ecological research and educational opportunities.
- Upper Mississippi River Basin
- New drainage water management systems in the Midwest are improving water quality and wildlife habitat in the Mississippi River Basin.