Eden Valley Growers, Inc.

Eden Valley Growers, Inc. established in 1956, is a vegetable growing farm cooperative that recently celebrated its 50th anniversary, consisting of ten members, most of whom are third or fourth generation farms...Henry W. Agle & Sons, Ronald Draudt & Sons, Ken Henry & Sons, W.D. Henry & Sons, Salzman Farm, Schummer’s Eden Edge, MCR Farm, Amos Zittel & Sons, D. & J. Brawdy Farm, and Henry's Garden.

Our farms and warehouse are located approximately 20 miles south of Buffalo in Eden, New York. Members now use the “Co-op” for marketing and distributing produce. From May 1st to December 1st we ship over half a million cases. Most of our shipping is throughout the Eastern United States. We handle over 45 specialty vegetable varieties. Last year we received the award for "Business of the Year" from The New York State Agricultural Society.

Eden Valley provides “one-stop-shopping”. Our Warehouse inventory includes: peas in the spring, leafy lettuce all season long, beans, cauliflower, cucumbers, eggplant, tomatoes, and summer squash during the summer, and kale and winter squash through the fall. Some of our biggest volume crops are green sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, cabbage, corn, and cucumbers.

Eden Valley also supplies greenhouse materials including premier Berger Peat/Soil mixes, Masterblend Fertilizer, & geranium & flower boxes.
In 1999, a vacuum cooler was installed to improve the post-harvest quality of the produce, adding to the 4,872 sq.ft. of refrigerated cooler space in the warehouse. Use of the vacuum cooler is available to any grower in the Western New York area along with our Hydro-cooler that was installed in 2002 and Forced Air Cooler that was installed in 2004.

6 full-time employees operate the warehouse, covering every aspect from unloading trucks to maintaining inventory and billing customers. 8 part-time truck drivers make deliveries.

Over the past 3 years, average sales have exceeded 4 million, with over 500,000 of produce packages shipped in 2012. 60% of the vegetables are shipped to grocery stores and supermarkets in the Buffalo area. The remaining 40% are shipped out of town as far as New Jersey, New York City, Boston, Texas, Michigan, Louisiana, and Florida.

Contact Eden Valley Growers, Inc.

Gary Balone
General Manager
7502 North Gowanda State Road
P.O. Box 39
Eden, New York  14057
Phone: 716-992-9721
Fax: 716-992-3882


Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Erie County, New York