The Central Ventura County Fire Safe Council was formed by a group of farmers, ranchers, and property owners, and recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 non-profit organization in September, 2010.
We have a seven member Board of Directors with representation from ranchers, farmers, homeowners associations, a land conservancy, the insurance industry, a biologist, and an environmental planner.
Our Advisory Board consists of representatives from Cal Fire, Ventura County Fire Department and other local fire agencies; Ventura County Sheriff’s Department, and the Ventura County Resource Conservation District.
The goal of the Central Ventura County Fire Safe Council is to support the Ventura County Fire Protection District in implementing its "Ready Set Go Program", a personal wildfire action plan for saving lives and property through advance planning, with the following activities and programs:
• Promote fire safety and awareness to local residents and landowners with educational tools such as brochures, flyers, and safety demonstrations
• Ranch plans containing information for fire personnel including maps depicting water sources, safety zones, and evacuation routes for ranch personnel and domestic animals
• Asset protection plans for orchards, pastureland, adjacent structures, and sensitive wildlife habitats
• Area evacuation plans for people and livestock
• Vegetation management and neighborhood fuel reduction programs