The Virginia Forage and Grassland Council (VFGC) was formed June 9, 1977, in Afton, Virginia by 25 individuals representing Virginia agriculture. We are an affiliate member of the American Forage and Grassland Council, an affiliate member in the Virginia Agribusiness Council and a non-profit organization of the Commonwealth. Activities of the council are financed by dues from individual and sponsoring members and gifts.
- Promote and expand the utilization of forages to improve the economic and social well-being of all Virginians
- Provide a forum for identifying opportunities to expand forage-animal agriculture
- Promote forages for desirable and efficient means of utilizing land resources for food and fiber production
- Coordinate efforts of agricultural services, supply and production functions to increase farm profits and efficiency of agricultural production
- Direct and encourage research and education to expand forage production, utilization, and marketing
- Promote the value of forage crops for soil and water conservation, abatement of air and water pollution and enhancement of Virginia’s natural beauty
- Educate consumers on the benefits derived from an efficient and profitable forage/animal agriculture
- Encourage outstanding achievements in the forage industry through recognition programs
- Develop vigorous leadership in activities beneficial to the forage industry and Virginia agriculture
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Virginia Forage and Grassland Council is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Virginia Forage and Grassland Council
3599 Indian Oak Road
Crewe, Virginia 23930
Statewide service provider in: