Vance Soil and Water Conservation Districtlast updated: March 2009

Vance Soil and Water Conservation District

The Vance Soil and Water Conservation District is a legal subdivision of State Government and lies within the boundaries of Vance County. 

Responsibilities include:

Assisting individuals and groups with their efforts to plan and carry out an effective program of soil and water conservation.   The District gets assistance from local, state and federal funding.

Services Provided:

    1.    Provide technical and financial assistance to qualifying landowners for installation of best management practices to conserve and protect soil and water.

    2.    Provide technical and financial assistance on water quality improvement of best management practices.

    3.    The NC Ag Cost-Share Program can reimburse up to 75% of the average cost for each Best Management Practice installed.  The remaining 25% is the responsibility of the land owner.  Approval of any contract is based on water quality improvement potential.

    4.    Provide information to everyone on the importance of the protection of our soil and water.

    5.    Provide scholarships to attend a week long workshop at NC State University for one to two high school candidates.  This workshop provides an excellent learning experience on the values and necessity of conserving our natural resources, soil and water.

    6.    Maintain the Outdoor Training Lab at Satterwhite Point.  The Lab is used for educational field days for school kids or for anyone just walking along the nature trail.

    7.    Provide educational programs for schools.  The District also offers strong support to conservation educational activities in the community in an effort to provide conservation leadership for the future.


Contact Vance Soil and Water Conservation District

Contact Vance Soil and Water Conservation District

305 Young Street
Henderson, North Carolina  27536
Phone: (252) 438-5727
Fax: (252) 438-5618


Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Vance County, North Carolina

To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator