Texas Water Resources Institutelast updated: December 2014
Contact Texas Water Resources Institute
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Texas Water Resources Institute
- Dairy Compost Utilization
- Central Texas’ dairy industry comprises 165 dairies, more than 100,000 cows, and contributes potentially polluting wastewater runoff to the area’s waters.
- Land Restoration/Revegetation – Fort Hood
- Dairy compost was used to revegetate degraded training maneuver areas that caused soil erosion and water quality issues.
- North Central Texas Water Quality
- Develop watershed management plans for six reservoirs in the Trinity River Basin providing water for 1.6 million people.
- Rio Grande Basin Initiative
- The Rio Grande Basin is a highly productive agricultural area, with irrigated agriculture claiming more than 85 percent of its water.