Texas Coastal Wetlandslast updated: December 2014
Contact Texas Coastal Wetlands
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Texas Coastal Wetlands
- Bete Grise Preserve
- Partners raised funds and applied for grants to buy Bete Grise, a high quality dune swale wetland system. In 2004, two grants were awarded totaling $1,450,000 for 1104 acres.
- Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration Act (“Breaux Act”)
- The goal of the Breaux Act partnership is to design, build, maintain and monitor sustainable projects that create, protect, and restore Louisiana’s coastal wetlands.
- Detroit River Conservation Partnerships
- A community comes together to address heavily polluted river corridors, while restoring wildlife habitat and preserving recreational uses.
- Louisiana Coastal Area Ecosystem Restoration Study
- The plan would make significant progress towards achieving and sustaining a coastal ecosystem that can support and protect the environment, economy and culture of southern Louisiana and the Nation.
- Winyah Bay Focus Area
- Broad-based coalition is conserving South Carolina’s coastal Winyah Bay watershed by land acquisitions, conservation easements, and wetland restoration.