Sierra Business Council pioneers and demonstrates innovative approaches and solutions to increase community vitality, economic prosperity, environmental quality, and social fairness in the Sierra Nevada.
In the Sierra Nevada, change and challenge create opportunities. Through innovation, integrity, and respect, Sierra Business Council harnesses these opportunities by implementing projects that model proactive change. Our goal is a diverse, inventive, and sustainable region where the economy is vibrant, the land is thriving, and the communities offer opportunity for all.
We act as steward leaders of the region, taking responsibility for the care and responsible management of our place, guided by the triple bottom line that considers the economy, environment, and community simultaneously.
Who we are:
- SBC focuses on Sierra Nevada-wide sustainability solutions
- SBC has a 20 year history in the region
- SBC takes concepts from academia, business leaders, and think tanks and innovates practical ways to apply them as on-the-ground action for rural areas. This is a model for other rural areas to follow on their path to sustainability.
- SBC’s network of supporters and partners spans the entire Sierra and beyond, and across the political spectrum.
- SBC’s advocacy on behalf of responsible business makes it a valuable ally capable of getting past heated political debates
Contact Sierra Business Council
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Sierra Business Council is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.