Scott W. Wall is Chairman of the Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Practice Group and is a member of the Business and Real Estate Transactions Practice Group. He is certified by the State Bar of California as a specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law. Before starting his law practice, he was a Certified Public Accountant.
Scott received his B.A. degree from the University of California at Santa Barbara and his J.D. degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1986.
Scott concentrates his practice in estate planning and administration and business and real estate transactions. Because of his background as a CPA, Scott brings both income and estate tax expertise to his practice. He has handled a broad range of estate, business and real estate matters, from the ordinary to the extremely complex. He is frequently consulted by other attorneys and CPAs to assist in structuring complicated estate planning, business and real estate transactions and in resolving complex estate administration matters.Scott's estate planning and administration practice emphasizes:
Scott's real estate practice includes:
- Estate planning, implementation and administration for medium and large estates, with an emphasis on trusts.
- Representation of beneficiaries and fiduciaries, including trustees, executors and personal representatives of decedent's estates, conservators and guardians.
- Resolution of trust and probate controversies, including trust and will interpretation, accounting disputes, contests, distribution disputes, negotiation and sale of business and real property interests held by fiduciaries, and claims concerning fiduciary duties.
- Planning and audit representation for federal and California estate, gift and real property taxes in connection with the client's estate plan.
- Structuring, implementing and operating family and closely held businesses and real estate holdings to achieve family succession planning goals and transfer tax reduction, using family partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies.
- Structuring, implementing and operating charitable organizations.
Scott's business transactions practice emphasizes:
- Purchase, sale and exchange transactions for buyers and sellers of commercial, residential development and agricultural properties.
- Representing borrowers in commercial real property secured financing transactions.
- Representing landlords and tenants in commercial and agricultural lease transactions.
- Organization, operation and reorganization of closely held corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Buying and selling businesses.
- Negotiating and drafting business agreements.
Over the years, Scott has contributed his time and talents to a number of local community organizations. Currently, he serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Cuesta College Foundation.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Scott W. Wall is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Scott W. Wall
Andre, Morris & Buttery
1102 Laurel Lane
Post Office Box 730
San Luis Obispo, California 93406-0730 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: