S & G Irrigationlast updated: November 2014
Contact S & G Irrigation
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for S & G Irrigation
- Blackfoot Challenge
- A diverse array of partners coalesced around watershed-wide, citizen-based efforts to protect a river famous for its scenic and recreational values.
- CF Industries National Watershed Award
- The CF Industries National Watershed Award recognizes outstanding community watershed protection efforts. The award focuses on innovative, non-regulatory approaches to improving water quality.
- Creeks & Communities
- Federal-level, interagency strategy designed to foster and support grassroots action across the landscape for stewardship of wetlands and riparian areas.
- District,NRCS target irrigation water quality
- NRCS and Central Platte Natural Resources District use EQIP and district cost share funds to target cost-share funds at priority water quality irrigation farmers.
- Dolores River Dialogue
- The Dialogue is a consensus building effort to improve the flows on the Dolores River in Colorado below the McPhee Dam.
- Headwaters Corner Interpretive Center
- Community partners and conservation agencies collaborate to bring environmental education of regional significance to the general public of southern California.
- Kagman Watershed Project
- Joint effort by CNMI Dept. of Land & Natural Resources, Saipan & No. Islands SWCD and USDA NRCS to address flooding of agricultural land during rainy season & irrigation shortage during dry season.
- Montana Water Trust
- MWT develops water transfer agreements with farmers, ranchers, and other landowners that increase flows and benefit native fish in Montana’s 4,000 miles of dewatered streams.
- Murdock Clean Water Partnership
- The community of Murdock, Nebraska, and state and federal partners, used innovative technologies to solve ground and surface water contamination.
- North Lake Basin Wetlands Restoration
- Contaminated ground water is cleaned with innovative technology and used to restore wetlands in a critical migratory waterfowl flyway.
- Restoring Farmland in Nevada
- Conservation partners are working to find ways, both vegetative and non-vegetative, to permanently protect farmland soils from wind erosion after irrigation water is removed.
- Restoring the Deschutes River
- The Deschutes River Conservancy works with farmers, communities, agencies, and various organizations to voluntarily restore the Deschutes River.
- Rio Grande Basin Initiative
- The Rio Grande Basin is a highly productive agricultural area, with irrigated agriculture claiming more than 85 percent of its water.
- Sun River Watershed
- A watershed project established in 1996, that benefits all water users in the Sun River Basin
- Upper Klamath Basin Working Group
- A community stakeholder group created by Senator Mark O. Hatfield in 1996 to develop consensus solutions to complex agricultural and endangered species issues associated with water allocations.
- Water Without War: Cooperative Salmon Restoration
- River collaboration restores threatened fish by improving in-stream flow, habitat and water quality, while sustaining local farms and communities.