- I design and conduct research, monitoring, and survey projects on forest management and forest ecology issues;
- develop forest and wildlife management plans;
- conduct literature reviews and summarize the results;
- analyze data;
- take photographs for books, brochures, reports, and other information media, and scan 35mm photographs.
I am also a freelance photographer and have had photographs published in magazines and books with national and international distribution.
- Bachelor of Science with a dual major in Forestry, and Environmental and Forest Biology, from the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
- Masters of Science in Environmental and Forest Biology (Concentration: Wildlife Biology and Management), from the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
- Ph.D. in Forest Ecology from the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Current: Sole proprietor of RAO Ecological Consulting/Photographic Services. See the "Services" section above for more detail.
- Research Forester for 8 years for the Tanana Chiefs Conference, Fairbanks, Alaska. (Note: The Tanana Chiefs Conference is a non-profit Native organization that provides social services to the people of 43 Native villages in interior Alaska.).
- I conducted forestry and forest ecology related research, and assisted with management of Native-owned lands.
- Forest Health Program Coordinator for the Alaska Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry, in Fairbanks, Alaska, for 3 years.
- I was responsible for managing the statewide Forest Health Program (FHP), overseeing services to state, municipal, and private landowners (including landowner assistance), and coordinating forest health-related activities with the USDA Forest Service State & Private Forestry Program and other partners.
- I also designed and conducted projects to deliver program services in silviculture, entomology, pathology, forest ecology, and integrated pest management to maintain and improve the health of Alaska's forests.
Ecological Consultant to the USDA Forest Service in southeast Alaska; Special Term Appointee with the Environmental Assessment Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois.
Contact Robert Ott
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Robert Ott is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Robert Ott
Create an Account to make additions or corrections to your profile.
Zoar Valley Forestry and Ecological Consulting
10292 Forty Road
Gowanda, New York 14070 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Allegany County, New York
- Cattaraugus County, New York
- Chautauqua County, New York
- Chemung County, New York
- Erie County, New York
- Genesee County, New York
- Livingston County, New York
- Monroe County, New York
- Niagara County, New York
- Ontario County, New York
- Orleans County, New York
- Schuyler County, New York
- Seneca County, New York
- Steuben County, New York
- Wayne County, New York
- Wyoming County, New York
- Yates County, New York