Sand County Foundation is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to working with private landholders across North America on voluntary land management practices that benefit the environment. Sand County Foundation was founded more than forty years ago to protect the land surrounding renowned conservationist Aldo Leopold’s shack from development. Rather than depending on public acquisition, our protection strategy was rooted in private action inspired by Leopold’s Land Ethic, using responsible, voluntary means.
Today, Sand County Foundation is the nation’s leading voice for private landowners. The Foundation works with farmers, ranchers and foresters to improve the quality of their lands through science, ethics, and incentives. Our focus has expanded from research and experimental management on Leopold’s land to supporting and encouraging the stewards of hundreds of thousands of acres.
to advance the use of ethical and scientifically-sound land management practices and partnerships for the benefit of people and the environment. We are achieving this mission by:
- Providing support to private individuals and communities as primary agents of conservation and management
- Rewarding responsible stewards and providing public recognition for outstanding private lands leadership
- Facilitating the exchange of information between and among private individuals, scientists, funders and policy makers
- Removing regulatory barriers and creating meaningful incentives for landowners who enhance the environment
- Creating on the land examples of environmental improvement suitable for replication
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Pollinator Habitat Grants for Schools is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Pollinator Habitat Grants for Schools
Sand County Foundation
131 W. Wilson Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53703 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: