The Pioneer Canal was constructed in 1879 and enlarged both in 1884 and during the period 1909 to 1912. The Pioneer Canal diverts water from the Laramie River at a point about three miles downstream of Woods Landing, Wyoming and is about 32 miles long, terminating about three miles northwest of the City of Laramie. The canal provides water for irrigation of approximately 18,360 acres. This system is currently operated by the Pioneer-Lake Hattie Irrigation District, which was formed in 1988.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Pioneer Canal – Lake Hattie Irrigation District is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Pioneer Canal – Lake Hattie Irrigation District
PO Box 1285
Laramie, Wyoming 82073