The Partners for Fish and Wildlife program provides technical and financial assistance to private landowners to restore and enhance fish and wildlife habitat on their property. The program focus is to restore vegetation and hydrology to historic conditions. Habitat is provided for migratory and resident waterfowl, wading birds, songbirds, and a host of other wildlife which utilize wetlands.
Partner projects are typically designed to restore fish and wildlife habitat to historic conditions. Plans may include:
- Planting trees to restore bottomland hardwoods or swamp
- Installing water control structures, plugging ditches, or building levees to restore hydrology on drained or partially drained areas
- Protecting and/or restoring riparian areas
- Moist-soil management and wood duck nest boxes in conjunction with other restoration measures
Landowners interested in habitat restoration should contact us to schedule a site visit. A biologist will contact you to schedule a visit to determine if your site is suitable for restoration. A restoration plan is developed and the project is submitted for funding. If your project is accepted, you could:
- Receive up to 100% funding for project expenses
- Receive financial assistance from other groups (state agencies, conservation districts, other Federal programs)
Financial or in-kind contribution from the landowner is not mandatory but may aid in project selection. Most importantly, landowners do not forfeit property rights and control all activities such as hunting, fishing, camping and trespass.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program in Alabama is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program in Alabama
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Partners Biologist
1208 B Main Street
Daphne, Alabama 36526 Phone: