to serve as a venue for practitioners, state and federal agencies, academic institutions, tribes, coalitions and interested individuals to work collaboratively to promote, protect, and expand the responsible use of prescribed fire in Northern California's fire adapted landscapes.
- To provide a focus for issues and concerns regarding prescribed burning in Northern California.
- To facilitate communication and the exchange of information regarding the benefits and shortcomings of prescribed burning.
- To provide a forum where all interested parties may participate in meetings and share in the benefits from the information generated by this Council.
- To promote public understanding of the benefits of prescribed burning and the role of fire in ecosystems.
- To promote safety, training, and research in the art and science of prescribed fire.
- To provide a forum for discussions on prescribed fire practices, regulations, and policies and a means to ensure the use of prescribed burning. ?
- To promote and facilitate an increase in the responsible use of prescribed fire as a management tool in Northern California.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Northern California Prescribed Fire Council is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Northern California Prescribed Fire Council
Ukiah, California 95482 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: