The Northeast Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies, Inc. (NEAFWA) is quasi-governmental organization consisting of thirteen states in the northeast region plus the District of Columbia, and the provinces in the eastern region of Canada.
As stated in NEAFWA’s by-laws, the objectives of the Association are:
- To encourage and promote better understanding and cooperation among its several members in dealing with the conservation of fish and wildlife resources;
- To provide for the interchange of information among its members and with other government and non-governmental organizations dealing with the conservation of fish and wildlife resources, through various means including annual sponsorship of the Northeast Fish and Wildlife Conference;
- To assist in the coordination and implementation of fish and wildlife programs of mutual interest to its members;
- To promote a high level of fish and wildlife administration throughout the northeast region;
- To provide the basis for regional action on existing or proposed federal legislation, regulations and resultant program;
- To present matters of mutual interest to the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies for its information and/or further action;
- To encourage and provide for regional projects that conserve wildlife, fish, and their habitats;
- To protect the right of jurisdiction of the northeastern states over their wildlife resources on public and private lands;
- To review and comment on proposed legislation, regulations and programs that affect the interests of its members; and,
- To consult and collaborate with and make recommendations to appropriate agencies in order that programs affecting fish and wildlife resources and management are conducted in the best interests of its members and the resources they manage.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Northeast Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Northeast Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies
Burlington, Vermont 05401 Phone:
Statewide Program in:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia