The mission of the Mississippi Prescribed Fire Council is to partner all entities with a vested interest in prescribed fire to increase occurrence of burning on public and private lands to restore ecological function, enhance wildlife and plant communities, and reduce hazardous forest or grassland fuel loads. The Council will encourage the exchange of information among practitioners and advance public understanding of the importance and benefits of prescribed fire.
Coordinated partnership of federal, state and private stakeholders who agency or individual interests require use of prescribed fire to achieve specific natural resources management goals.
The Mississippi Prescribed Fire Council brings natural resource professionals, land managers, and others involved with prescribed fire into a focused group to:
- Promote public awareness about the value and benefits of prescribed fire
- Protect the ability to use prescribed fire as a management tool
- Develop expertise in prescribed fire by sharing technical and ecological information
- Promote safety, training, and research in the art and science of prescribed fire
- Review prescribed fire practices, regulations, and policy and suggest improvements
- Promote and facilitate an increase in the number of acres burned annually by prescribed fire in Mississippi
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Mississippi Prescribed Fire Council is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Mississippi Prescribed Fire Council
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: