Michael C. Dotten heads Marten Law’s Portland office. He has practiced in the energy, environmental, and administrative law fields for over thirty years, representing utilities, energy project developers, large industrial energy consumers, and governmental agencies. He also serves as an arbitrator and mediator in complex regulatory and commercial disputes. Mike has successfully represented clients in a broad range of energy and environmental matters, including litigating energy rate and regulatory matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Bonneville Power Administration and U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. and Ninth Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court and before numerous state commissions.
Mike has negotiated hundreds of short- and long-term electric power and natural gas supply contracts, electric power transmission and natural gas transportation agreements, and utility merger and acquisition agreements. He has litigated antitrust matters and provides antitrust counseling to utility industry clients. He has represented consortiums of clients in energy-related National Environmental Policy Act matters and regularly represents clients in, energy rate cases, and utility siting proceedings. He has also represented clients in water and wastewater utility regulatory proceedings and companies in telecommunications proceedings.
- Representing a Fortune 50 industrial power consumer in power negotiations and rate proceedings before the Bonneville Power Administration, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented several wind power developers in obtaining generation integration and network transmission.
- Represented a Fortune 200 wood products company as its national energy counsel for more than 15 years in dozens of electric power and natural gas contract negotiations, in cogeneration development, and in rate proceedings in numerous states.
- Represented a large consumer-owned utility for more than 20 years in electric regulatory matters, hydroelectric matters, and rate proceedings.
- Represented a steel company in a significant and successful treble-damages federal antitrust case and in the ensuing multiple appeals, including before the United States Supreme Court where the client prevailed and secured a multi-million dollar judgment and attorney fees award.
- Represented a consumer-owned utility in the transfer of a federal hydroelectric facility to the client, and in a hydroelectric relicensing proceeding for a separate facility.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Michael C. Dotten is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Michael C. Dotten
1001 SW 5th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97204 Phone:
(503) 241-2640 Fax:
Statewide service provider in: