Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlifelast updated: August 2015
Contact Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Critters Pocket Guide Series
- Critters field guides have been distributed to over 232,000 students in 10 states nationwide through interactive field and classroom programs.
- Ducktrap River Tributary Restoration Project
- The goal of the Ducktrap River project was to protect federally-endangered Atlantic Salmon and other cold water species by stabilizing the eroding portions of the tributary channel.
- Scarborough Marsh Wetland Reserve Project
- The 3,100-acre Scarborough Marsh Wildlife Management area, Maine's largest and most renowned salt marsh, is being restored in a 5-phased project, eliminating restrictions of natural tidal flows.
- West Branch Project, Maine
- To conserve the largest contiguous tract of land ever protected in Maine – 329,000 acres through a public-private partnership.