Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisherieslast updated: August 2014
Contact Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
- Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration Act (“Breaux Act”)
- The goal of the Breaux Act partnership is to design, build, maintain and monitor sustainable projects that create, protect, and restore Louisiana’s coastal wetlands.
- Enid Lake
- The SWMA is a project to preserve a wetland habitat for plant, fish, and wildlife species, including endangered species, which are provided a protected environment for reproduction and feeding.
- Help Us Stop the Spread of Aquatic Nuisance Species
- A cooperative effort between Federal, provincial, state, regional, and local agencies and many other stakeholders to prevent the westward spread aquatic nuisance species in North America.
- Mississippi Wildlife and Grenada Lake
- This partnership has produced record fish, relocated overpopulated deer herds, managed disease outbreaks in fish and wildlife and increased acreage of waterfowl management.
- Paradis Mitigation Bank
- After more than seven decades of energy production for the Nation, the 7100-acre Paradis Mitigation Bank will protect, restore and enhance wetland functions and values of the Lower Mississippi Valley.
- Presidential Quail Initiative
- Natural resource management agencies and groups developed a national, habitat-based recovery plan to reverse decline in bobwhite quail populations.