The Kentucky Forest Stewardship Program is a free program available to all private forestland owners who:
- own forestland
- want to produce quality timber
- want to improve wildlife habitat
- want to produce clean water
- want to take advantage of the scenic beauty
- want to fully utilize the recreational potential of their forest
- believe that it is their responsibility to care for the land in such a way that future generations may have all the land's benefits to use and enjoy.
If this sounds like your goals - contact the field office that services your county and start making a difference today!
The Division of Forestry, as lead agency in a multiagency partnership, will arrange for a forester, wildlife biologist, other natural resources professional or all of the above to meet with you to help prepare a customized forest stewardship plan based on your goals and objectives for the property. On the forest stewardship program application, you are asked to choose a first and a second priority of management from among the choices of proper forest management, fish and wildlife habitat, forest watershed improvement and forest recreation and aesthetics. To help you decide which management option is right for you, descriptions are below.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Kentucky Conservation Stewardship Program is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Kentucky Conservation Stewardship Program