Green B.E.A.N. is a dynamic food company that takes a multifaceted approach to building local food systems. B.E.A.N. is an acronym that represents our core initiatives; Biodynamic, Education, Agriculture, and Nutrition. Our goal is to make healthy and sustainably grown local food affordable, accessible, and convenient to the Midwest communities we serve. We serve our mission by building food systems and businesses that address our communities’ greatest food challenges. We work with a network of local farmers and artisans that have both urban and rural roots.
Here is the family of Green B.E.A.N. companies:
• Green B.E.A.N. Delivery – An online service that provides fresh produce and groceries to Midwest communities. through its network of local farmers and artisans. We provide a year round service that gives our members a healthy alternative to conventional grocery stores. We currently serve both the communities of Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton and Indianapolis.
• Tiny Footprint Distribution – Providing distribution of locally made food products to retail stores. Tiny Footprint is a low carbon footprint company that provides a platform for growth to local farmers and food artisans. We tackle the issue of local food distribution and work hard to get healthy local products onto grocery store shelves.
• Cool School Lunch – Our latest project takes a creative approach to dealing with the issue of childhood obesity and unhealthy lunch programs. Cool School Lunch was formed in 2010 and has just hired on staff nutritionist Elizabeth Blessing. During the 2010-11 School year we will provide educational institutions an online ordering platform for wholesale fruit and vegetable purchases. For 2011-12 we are developing a website for ordering and delivering school lunches.
• Farm to Kitchen Foods – Farm to Kitchen Foods develops “food that makes you feel good!” Executive Chef Brandon Hamilton creates healthy food with a focus on local and organic ingredients. Farm to Kitchen Foods was started because Green B.E.A.N Delivery couldn’t find certain local products we thought should be available to our community. Two years later Farm to Kitchen Foods has several retail outlets and a full product line.
• The Feel Good Farm – Don’t forget that food comes from a farm! Our certified organic farming operation grows a variety of crops that are utilized in our Green B.E.A.N. Delivery Bins. In the summer of 2010 we cultivated 8 acres. In 2011 we plan on “growing” and planting more crops for our members’ enjoyment.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Green B.E.A.N. Kentucky is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Green B.E.A.N. Kentucky
4813 Pinewood Rd.
Louisville, Kentucky 40218 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: