The mission of the American Fisheries Society and the Georgia Chapter is to improve the conservation and sustainability of fishery resources and aquatic ecosystems by advancing fisheries and aquatic science and promoting the development of fisheries professionals.
The Georgia Chapter accomplishes this mission by:
- Holding annual meetings
- Organizing professional development workshops
- Encouraging and supporting the development of students and professionals
- Sponsoring the UGA subunit
- Awarding scholarships and travel stipends
- Recognizing those who have made significant contributions in advancing fisheries and aquatic science or promoting the development of fisheries professionals
- Using social media platforms to communicate with members and the public
- Updating our website regularly with news and updates
- Supporting fish conservation efforts in Georgia by contributing monetary donations to habitat restoration projects and kids fish education programs
- Creating and participating in aquatic education outreach programs
Contact Georgia Chapter American Fisheries Society
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Georgia Chapter American Fisheries Society is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.