G. H. Ranchlast updated: July 2014
Contact G. H. Ranch
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for G. H. Ranch
- Army Compatible Use Buffer Project
- Conservation easements on lands adjacent to Fort Carson are being created to buffer the Fort from
development and to maintain open space and wildlife habitat.
- Bob Long Safe Harbor
- Recovery of the Houston toad by providing safe harbor assurances and incentives to private landowners for their participation in habitat restoration and enhancement
- Conserving Georgia's Dwindling Farmland
- The Athens Land Trust and the Oconee Partnership for Farmland Protection worked to place a conservation easement on a portion of the Breedlove-Powers Farm in rapidly-developing Oconee County, Georgia.
- Conserving Prairie Ranches, Ranchers, and Grassland Birds
- A landscape-level project that uses purchased conservation easements to conserve native grasslands and wetlands vital to ranchers and grassland birds.
- Creeks & Communities
- Federal-level, interagency strategy designed to foster and support grassroots action across the landscape for stewardship of wetlands and riparian areas.
- Diablo Trust IMfoS (Integrated Monitoring for Sustainability) Project
- The IMfoS Project involves the design and implementation, with stakeholder input, of an integrated monitoring tool to evaluate the sustainability of community-based collaborative management.
- Diablo Trust/Diablo Canyon Rural Planning Area
- With a goal to provide a model for other rural communities across Arizona, and the West, the project has produced innovative planning methods to help protect the economic value of ranchlands.
- Dry Creek Quarry Restoration
- Since 2004, Sequoia Riverlands Trust has been restoring natural stream flows, recontouring disturbed areas, seeding native grasses and planting oak and sycamore trees at this former gravel mine.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park
- The 97,000-acre Baca Ranch (and senior water rights associated with such ranch) were acquired by the Nature Conservancy for ultimate disposition to the US to create the Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Park.
- Henry Mountain Bison Herd
- Sportsmen and ranchers negotiate win-win solutions to maintain livestock grazing and ensure quality bison hunts in the Utah Henry Mountains.
- Houston Toad Recovery
- Recovery of the Houston toad by providing safe harbor assurances and incentives to private landowners for their participation in habitat restoration and enhancement.
- Malpai Borderlands Partnership
- The rancher-led partnership is protecting privately-owned land and working landscapes through easements, grass-banking and habitat restoration.
- Oasis Valley Project
- The town of Beatty, Nevada partnered with The Nature Conservancy to craft a conservation strategy that prevented the endangered species listing for an endemic toad.
- Sun River Watershed
- A watershed project established in 1996, that benefits all water users in the Sun River Basin
- The Irvine Ranch Land Reserve
- The Irvine Company and partners created a 50,000 acre urban reserve for education, recreation, and conservation, a model for sustainable development.
- Tomales Bay Watershed
- The “all-stakeholder” Tomales Bay Watershed Council formed in 2000 and its 30 members unanimously adopted a 135-page watershed plan in 2004.
- Wet Mountain Valley
- The Trust for Public Land is involved in an initiative to acquire conservation easements in the Wet Mountain Valley in Colorado.
- Yainix Ranch Project
- A working lands conservation easement and a conservation investment model supports sustainable approaches for ranch management and collaborative conservation solutions.